Image Map

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Review | Kera Care Haircare Range | Shampoo and Conditioner

Hey Lovelies! 
 Firstly I'd like to say that I know that this post won't apply to everyone, and i've debated about posting this for months as it only applies to so few people. But then I thought this is my blog and if one person enjoys this post than its worth it! As I know this could very quickly turn into a long post a I have 5 products Ive decided to split this into two posts.

Hair History
All my life I have had thick, frizzy unruly afro hair. I remember my mum trying her hardest when I was younger just to tame it, and having had no experience with afro hair before I was born she didn't manage to well. When I was younger I went to which ever hairdresser she was with at the time, who like her knew very little about how to manage my hair, and my hair was left seriously damaged all the time. 
 When I was about 6 I got my hair relaxed (chemically straightened) for the first time. Its a seriously strong treatment and with an inexperienced hair dresser I was often left with burns all over my scalp. About a year ago, after years of bad hair dressers, my hair hit the point of no return and I was old enough to put my foot down and find a hair dresser who actually knew how to cope with my hair and she was the one who introduced me to the Kera Care range.



'The company's goal is to provide the very best products that advanced research and innovative thinking can offer, and always with an eye toward advancing hair technology.'

The Range
 At the moment I have 5 products in the Kera Care range, and I love them all, I have a list waiting for when I next go back to the hairdressers. They are all relatively well priced and have done wonders for my hair. 



'KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo is a beauty bath for hair thatproduces a rich lather as it lightly conditions and cleans hair. pH-balancedand excellent for relaxed, permed or color-treated hair'

The first thing I love about this Shampoo is how long it has lasted me! I've had this one bottle for a good 6 to 7 months. Its insane! I wash my hair around once a week, I know for the majority of you that seems gross but if i wash my hair often it strips it and leaves it so dry and brittle, and I'm blessed that afro hair doesn't get greasy and dirty over a short period of time. But still Shampoo's never last me this long. 
 You only need a coin-sized amount and it really does do a lot as its so concentrated. It doesn't later quite as much as other Shampoos but my hair still feels clean afterwards. It really does help with detangling as well, which is something I hoped for but wasn't thinking would actually happen. 


'KeraCare Humecto Creme Conditioner helps correct and prevent moistureloss due to exposure to chemicals and thermal styling appliances. Penetrates deep within the hairshaft to hydrate and humectify hair.'

Again this product has lasted me absolutely ages. I bought the two of them at the same time and they are both still going strong. The packaging recommends you leave this on your hair for 15-20 minutes for maximum conditioning, and this is something I do do. I love the smell of both of these products and I feel the longer I leave them on my hair the more my hair smells of them when I wash them out. 
Afterwards my hair is soooo soft! It feels incredible, and I really feel like it speeds up the process of blowdrying my hair. I can't believe how much of an improvement there has been to my hair, through both of these products. I've noticed such a difference in the amount of split ends and breakage i've had as well. And because of that my hairs become so much longer. It had hit that level where it wouldn't grow past a certain point no matter how hard I tried and how long I left it. But since using these my hairs grown a lot, and its in such better conditions as well.

In the next post I will be reviewing the Kera Care, Intensive Restorative Masque, Leave-In Conditioner and the Strengthening Thermal Protector. 

5 comments:

  1. My godsister has crazy afro-Caribbean hair so I know how much effort needs to be put into making it look lovely and she absolutely swears by this brand! I'd never heard of it before but I know it works wonders. Great post xx

    www.vanity-dollhouse.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I can relate to her then hahah ! Thank you hun!x

      Delete
  2. Great post! I've only tried the conditioner and I love it, it smells amazing and really does leave the hair really soft!
    I'm looking forward to reading your other post xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd so recommend trying some of the others! The range is huge as well! Ive got a list haha. Yaaay, its nice to hear that! :)xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds great!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...