Image Map

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Review : Benefit boi-ing industrial-strength concealer

Hey lovelies! 

 So surprise surprise, I went shopping again! After spending days longingly stalking Benefits websites I caved and headed down to boots, and picked up boi-ing industrial strength concealer.To start with I wanted to clarify if your looking for an under-eye concealer boi-ing is not what your looking for. boi-ing is perfect for blemishes, marks and scars. If its an under-eye concealer Benefits erase paste is your gal!


Although I can see boi-ing is a good product that does what it claims, I can't say I'm in love with it yet, and I don't know if i would repurchase it. Don't get me wrong the thick creamy consistency gives you great coverage which lasts all day, the only problem I have with boi-ing is that it only comes in 5 shades, and as we all know there are a lot more than 5 different skin shades. Typically I fall in-between 04 and 05. I did get matched up in store by a lady at the counter but in my desperation I'm pretty sure I would have settled for anything to just have boi-ing in my life (sad, I know). However all is not lost, although it 05 is a tad to dark for me, with some heavy blending and foundation it does what I wanted it to do, cover up all the nasty bits! So I can't complain if they ever bought out more shades I would be the first customer, I only recommend making sure the colour is right for  you before forking out the £16.50. 
 Along with the concealer the lady gave me a couple free samples, which allows me to justify the £16! 


The first thing she gave me was the sample size of Hello flawless oxygen wow foundation which was great! During my days spent trawling Benefits website I had been very tempted by this foundation and was keen to try it out. She matched me in the shade hazelnut (I'm hopelessly hot), and even the names of the shades got me excited! the colour on this matches me great! I've worn it every day since I've got it, and started blending it with my usual foundation and B.B. cream just to make it last that little bit longer! Love it, and will definatley be buying the full size product! 


The last thing I was given was a sample of the Triple performing facial emulsion which I have actually tried before during a previous promotion Benefit did, where bringing any empty cosmetics bottle from any brand got you a sample of this product, I ended up with 3! And its safe to say I've not even finished the first. I never felt the product worked with my skin type which is spot prone and oily at times, however this was a good year-ish ago, and my skin care regime consisted of a make up wipe. So now I have another sample I may give it ago again!

Hope you liked this style of post! Thank you for all the lovely comments, and feel free to leave me any questions or post ideas bellow! 

Megan 
x

8 comments:

  1. oooh I want to try the oxygen wow - it looks great

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it, soon as i have the funds! :p x

      Delete
  2. i need to try that foundation

    ReplyDelete
  3. I invite you to check my blog out
    http://loyaltofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know the difference between Erase Paste and Bo-ing, thanks for the tip :) It is really hard to find a perfect skin tone match, but so important as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad i could help. Saves a waste of money! :) i know right. The one fundamental problem i have with make up ha!x

      Delete
  5. Thank you for your advice!! I've followed you sweetie and I'd love if you could follow me back as I only have one follower - boohoo :(.
    I'm currently working on a Summer Lookbook and will be uploading my YouTube video today in which I'd love for you to possibly check out.
    Much love, Luce x
    http://lucestephenson.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...