Not many of you may know that along with beauty and fashion another one of my loves is cooking. I took catering during GCSE's and realised how much I loved making something out of nothing (even when it didn't turn out to great!) I loved bringing the food I made home and seeing my family and friends reaction and for a period of time I actually considered pursuing catering as a career.
Cooking is the only time I feel completely clear and calm, the only time I think about nothing else apart from how many eggs I need, and so last night while I was sat stressed at work I decided to stop on the way home and pick up the ingredients for my go-to dessert. I love making this cheesecake, its so quick and simple and more importantly delicious, defiantly my secret indulgence and chocolate fix!
175g digestive biscuits
300g cream cheese
300g milk chocolate
100g dark chocolate
a little hint, using good quality chocolate with a high cocoa content really makes the dessert!
- Start by crushing the biscuits and mixing them with the melted butter, the press the biscuit mix into a baking tin.
- Mix the cream cheese with the mascarpone in a bowl, I find using the back of a spoon the easiest way.
- Melt the milk and dark chocolate separately and fold the milk chocolate into the cream cheese mix.
- Stir in the dark chocolate until you have a marbled effect and spoon the mix into the tin.
- Leave the cheesecake to chill for two hours or over night and voila!
Not the prettiest of deserts but by far the tastiest!
Thank you for reading! Let me know if you guys don't mind this style of post and I promise my next post will be beauty related!