Image Map

Sunday 28 July 2013

Summer Dessert | Eton Mess!










Hey Guys,

Now im back in the comfort of my family kitchen I thought I would bring you another recipe post as baking is something I really love. Today I fancied something fruity and sweet and all around summery and so I thought i'd quickly put together an Eton Mess! I love Eton Mess, its so quick and simple and really tasty! Normally you only use Strawberries but I threw in some Raspberries and Blueberries too because why not?! Hope you Enjoy!

Ingredients 
300ml of Whipping or Double Cream
100g Maringue Nests
1tbsp of Caster Sugar
1 tbsp of Icing Sugar 
and a few handfulls of fruit 

Method 


Start by adding your cream and both lots of sugar to a bowl and whisk until the cream is light and fluffy (be careful not to over whip, I made that mistake once!)

Next break up the meringue nests into large chunks and mix them into the cream.

Press your fruit with the back of a fork slightly to break them up and release the juice and stir them into the meringue mix and your done! 


Quick, simple and really tasty! Perfect for a summer bbq! Let me know what you guys think of this type of post, and if you'd like to see more! 


10 comments:

  1. Oh its REALLY heavy!:) But a lovely dessert for a summmer garden feast!:)

    Bye,
    NIKA B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh do you think so! I found it quite light compared to something like cake :) Yessss so true! x

      Delete
  2. please can you bring me round some, ta xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nearly bought some with me yesterday but it doesn't keep for very long! I'll make it for you next time I come!xx

      Delete
  3. This looks so yum! x

    actuallyash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I do love a bit of eton mess x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely try this out because it looks so yummy and I love fruity deserts in the Summer. Thanks for sharing:)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess you really should! thats alright hun!x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...