Image Map

Saturday 6 April 2013

Benefit 'Fake Up' Event & Brow Bar !


Last Wednesday myself and some amazing bloggers went down to Benefit in Bournemouth for the launch of their new product 'Fake Up'. I've been to this Benefit before and have meet some of the girls that work their already so it was lovely to go back and be greeted with smiles and open arms! 
 Alyson who coordinates Benefit throughout the South West was all geared up and ready dressed in her Sherlock Holmes outfit and gave us a run down of the product, while testing it out on the lovely Sophie the manager of the store! We we're greeted with cakes, sweets and wine and then settled in for the talk! 

Benefit have been working on 'Fake Up' or years, working alongside developers and a testing panel to make it perfect. Benefit say that Fake Up is a hydrating crease-control concealer, perfect for your under eyes, which are all major things that we all look for in concealers so a good start! 






I describe Fake Up as a concealer with a twist! The product has a concealer centre as you would normally expect to find but with fake up you also has a hydrating outer ring, containing vitamin E and Apple Seed extract, which gives your skin all the hydration your under eyes need!

While we we're at Benefit Alyson also showed us other ways you can use Fake Up, from highlighting to contouring this baby seems like an all rounder! 

Later we all got ourselves matched up, which was something I was looking forward too. Fake Up comes in 3 shades. In personal experience I never ever fit into 3 shades, so I was looking forward to seeing for myself just how well Benefit cater for us darker ladies! And I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, the colour match was very good, and a colour I would happily use as a under eye concealer. Alyson told me ( I think im remembering this right) that Benefit had specially produced Shade 3 for darker skins and had removed red tints which wouldn't blend natural with our skin tones. 

To start with I wasn't sure about Fake Up, the coverage didn't seem enough for me under my eyes, and I felt like after I'd applied more that my under eyes looked sweaty (only way I can think to describe it!) But I've learnt that before I buy products I need to try them out for myself! So I had a play and found that after a few tries I liked the look of it, with the help of some powder to mattify the look! 

I'd booked myself in for my first ever Brow Wax & Tint (Which I had today and thouroughly recommend going if you have a Benefit Boutique near you, the staff are amazing and so nice!) and told myself that if I still liked it then I would pick it up! So I went back this afternoon and had my brows done and a full make over afterwards, and of course I still liked Fake Up and of course I picked it up! (I will do a full review later!)

I know this has been an epic read, but Benefit put so much time and effort into making events such a good time that I really had to! 

Let me know if you guys have any questions! 



1 comment:

  1. You have a nice blog :-)
    http://camilla-soerensen.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...