Today my mum gave me free reigns with buying and cooking dinner so do I make something uber sophisticated and healthy? Nope! Pizzaaa! I haven't made pizza from scratch in years and I loveee making bread which is a bonus! I got the original recipe from here and tweaked it slightly. Enjoy!
Makes 2 Pizzas
For The Base
300g Strong Bread Flour
1tsp instant yeast
1tbsp olive oil
For The Tomato Sauce
100ml Passata (I just use a jar of pizza topping if I can't get this)
1 Garlic clove
For The Topping
Handful of Cherry Tomatoes
1 slice Parma Ham per pizza
1 Red Pepper
1 Red Onion
(Experiment with anything you have in the cupboards for different toppings)
- Preheat the oven to 240C/fan 220C /gas 8
- Put the flour into a large bowl, then stir in the yeast and salt. Make a well, pour in 200ml warm water and the olive oil and mix together, I find it easiest with your hands until you have a soft, fairly wet dough.
-Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 mins until smooth and set aside. You can leave the dough to rise if you like if you prefer thick crust pizza.
- Mix the passata, basil and crushed garlic together, then season to taste. Leave to stand at room temperature while you get on with shaping the base. Or if like me you couldn't get it whack out the jar of pizza topping ready!
- If you've let the dough rise, give it a quick knead, then split into two balls. On a floured surface, roll out the dough into large circles, about the size of a pizza tray, using a rolling pin. The dough needs to be very thin as it will rise in the oven.
- This is where the recipe got confusing so my edit is, put the baking tray/pizza trays in the oven to heat them up BEFORE you put the pizza on them, this way your base will cook completely and go nice and crispy.
- Smooth the sauce onto the bases and add your cheeses and the rest of the toppings, place onto the pre heated baking that and bake for 8-10 minutes or until nice and crispy and voila!
Thank you guys for reading, and I hope you don't mind more foodie posts! Until next time!